Huitt-Zollars, Inc. / Architects
Huitt-Zollars' Los Angeles office has a full-time career opportunity for a Job Captain (Junior Level Architectural Intern II) in our Healthcare Studio. Candidate should possess proven teamwork abilities and appropriate architectural skills to produce detailed and well-documented construction documents using Revit. This position will work to support Architects, Project Managers, and Designers in preparing design and construction drawings, and assist in construction administration for healthcare projects.
- Simultaneous work on a minimum of 2-3 projects at various stages of development.
- Prepares project designs and construction documents using BIM software and equipment.
- Prepares various documents during the course of the project development including meeting minutes, project specifications, agency applications, etc.
- Visit project sites under the direction of a supervisor and assist with the documentation of findings.
- Research materials, assemblies, or building codes for appropriate incorporation into design and construction drawings as directed by a supervisor.
- Integrate information from consultants and suppliers into Revit Models for documentation.
- Assist in the processing of contractor submittals and RFIs by logging in the documents and routing them to the appropriate party for review.
- May be required to attend, record, and distribute meeting minutes and assist with general project correspondence.
- Assist or prepare graphic materials for presentation or documents.
- Select and prepare material finish boards/binders.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture or construction science/construction management
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in institutional projects. (Healthcare preferred)
- Must be engaged in IDP/AXP and be actively pursuing licensure.
- Ability to read redlines and modify Revit models and other documents accurately
- Proficient in Revit Architecture 2013-2016 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong problem solving/analysis, and technical capacity to research and apply building codes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong task oriented time management
- possess proven teamwork abilities and work well in an open office
HZ offers a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP.
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: LA111
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the application process upon the request of an applicant. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for discriminatory purposes.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 60-300.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :